There’s a certain delicious beverage that, as a redhead, is near and dear to my heart. No, it’s not beer. Well, beer is in there, it’s just not this specific beverage. I guess I have several delicious beverages close to my heart including beer and Big Red. But this post isn’t about beer or Big Red. It’s about Irish cream.
Delicious in coffee, hot chocolate, cake, and shoes (“I’m Old Greeeehg…!”), store-bought Irish cream can be prohibitively expensive. Luckily, I’ve got a recipe for y’all to make your own. Impress your friends! Amuse your grandparents! Get fat as all get out drinking dairy products! Let’s get rolling.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 2/3 cups of Irish whiskey (I used Jameson because it’s tasty)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
This is a very simple recipe. Take all the ingredients, dump them in the blender and blend it on up. All told, this makes about a quart.